Beyond the usual religious activities, here’s what else is going on in Wellesley over the next few weeks to get people into the holiday spirit:
* MassHort’s Festival of Trees continues through Dec. 4 at Elm Bank Reservation. $7 adults, kids under 12 free. 5-9pm, except this Friday, it closes at 7pm.
* St. John’s will be selling Christmas trees for one day only this year, Dec. 5, from 9am-5pm. More info here. If that’s too early for you, Wellesley Boy Scout Troop 185 will sell trees, wreaths ,etc. Dec. 11-13 at 888 Worcester Rd (Rte 9) next to St. James the Great church
* Family Winter Fest at Wellesley Free Library 2-4pm on Dec. 6, featuring magic, songs, stories, crafts, refreshments.
* At dusk on Dec. 6, stroll/drive Wellesley neighborhoods, which will be lit up for annual Luminary Night festivities.
* Wellesley Chamber of Commerce had to nix the Holly Trolley shopping transportation service due to the tough economy this year, but is carrying on with its Holiday Stroll, 2-6pm on Dec. 6. Festivities include a visit by Santa to Faber’s Rug 2-4pm at 9 Central St., carolers in period costumes, Plugged In (teen band program) at London Harness, Sinski Jazz Trio at Wellesley Booksmith and a harpist at Lyn Evans Potpourri. A store decorating contest is also being held. Voting ends Dec. 6: Call 781 235 2446 or visit the Chamber’s website to vote.
* Cookie sale at Christ Church United Methodist at 2 Brook St. in Wellesley on Dec. 11, 9am until cookies are sold out.
* Wellesley Symphony Orchestra Holiday Pops concert on Dec. 13 at 3pm, featuring a visit from Santa and a chance for kids to conduct the orchestra. At MassBay Community College. Tickets: Adult – $20, Senior/Student – $15, Free admission for children under 12 with adult paid admission. Tickets may be purchased at the box office, online or in Wellesley at Eaton Apothecary and Wellesley Booksmith.
* A Christmas Carol, presented by Wellesley Summer Theatre Co.’s Sour Grapes Collaborative, will take place Dec. 15-20 at Wellesley College’s Schneider Hall. All performances last 1 hour and start at 7pm Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat, plus 3pm on Saturday and Sunday. Admission free, but donations accepted.
Other events to add? Email us here