Rock singer and guitarist Billy Squier, a 1968 graduate of Wellesley High School, helped the school turn out the lights Saturday night, playing old hits “In the Dark” and “Everybody Wants You” before a full house at WHS auditorium. Tickets to the event sold out quickly after we noted on Nov. 4 that Squier would be appearing and local press tripped over each other in recent weeks to interview the singer. Squier appeared by himself on stage, first sharing a few stories about his days in Wellesley, including a run in with the law(“an off campus incident”) that nearly put the kibosh on a school play he was starring in.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
Most Read Posts
- Fox25 to air TV special on Wellesley-Needham football rivalry
- Wellesley High grad Garrett Lam named a Rhodes Scholar
- Wellesley High football at Fenway: Family, friends, fun and yeah, some frustration
- Badass Wellesley High senior girls' Powder Puff football team invades Needham, but falls 7-0
- Wellesley Turkey Trot kicks off Thanksgiving Day
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Where to eat beyond Wellesley
- Wellesley Restaurants, Rest In Peace
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2015
- More Wellesley pages here
Subscribe for updates