Rock singer and guitarist Billy Squier, a 1968 graduate of Wellesley High School, helped the school turn out the lights Saturday night, playing old hits “In the Dark” and “Everybody Wants You” before a full house at WHS auditorium. Tickets to the event sold out quickly after we noted on Nov. 4 that Squier would be appearing and local press tripped over each other in recent weeks to interview the singer. Squier appeared by himself on stage, first sharing a few stories about his days in Wellesley, including a run in with the law(“an off campus incident”) that nearly put the kibosh on a school play he was starring in.
Most Read Posts
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
- Wellesley events
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
Subscribe for updates
- bbrown on Here’s the deal with that Belvedere Abbott Road sign
- Josh Dorin on Here’s the deal with that Belvedere Abbott Road sign
- Deborah Grandy on Wellesley teardowns spur move toward Neighborhood Conservation District
- bbrown on Has anyone seen this giant Wellesley rock?
- Deborah Grandy on Has anyone seen this giant Wellesley rock?
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2014
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Where to sled in Wellesley
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- More Wellesley pages here
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- About us/Contact The Swellesley Report
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
Be sure to tell them you saw this on The Swellesley Report
Shirts for Sale!