Rock singer and guitarist Billy Squier, a 1968 graduate of Wellesley High School, helped the school turn out the lights Saturday night, playing old hits “In the Dark” and “Everybody Wants You” before a full house at WHS auditorium. Tickets to the event sold out quickly after we noted on Nov. 4 that Squier would be appearing and local press tripped over each other in recent weeks to interview the singer. Squier appeared by himself on stage, first sharing a few stories about his days in Wellesley, including a run in with the law(“an off campus incident”) that nearly put the kibosh on a school play he was starring in.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
Most Read Posts
- Boston Catholic Insider blog delves into closing of St. Paul School in Wellesley
- Wellesley singer-songwriter crowdfunding heartfelt first album
- Car crashes into Cliff Road home in Wellesley, disaster narrowly averted
- Free family activities on Tuesday mornings at Wellesley Town Hall Green
- Patriots player backs Perdoni family, Old School Pizzeria
Joe Perdoni Family Trust Fund
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2015
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Where to eat beyond Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- More Wellesley pages here
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- About us/Contact The Swellesley Report
Subscribe for updates
Shirts for Sale!