The Wellesley Police Department shares the story of the Crown Victoria, which has been discontinued by Ford and so is no longer an option for police cruisers, as they have been in Wellesley since the 1980s. The replacement: The smaller and sleeker Ford Police Interceptor, which is based on the Taurus Sedan. Unlike the Crown Vic, the Interceptor boasts all-wheel drive. It’s also built to withstand a 70+ MPH rear-end impact/crash. The new car is 25% more fuel efficient and also is more fuel efficient while idling. There’s also a utility version of the new model, which along with the sedan version will be phased in as the Crown Vics are phased out.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to email@example.com
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley events
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Wellesley Major League Baseball Player Nate Freiman
- Wellesley road trips
- Wellesley summer jobs
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2013
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds)
- Outdoor Activities
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- Charitable and community action groups
Subscribe for updates
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
Shirts for Sale!