The Wellesley Police Department shares the story of the Crown Victoria, which has been discontinued by Ford and so is no longer an option for police cruisers, as they have been in Wellesley since the 1980s. The replacement: The smaller and sleeker Ford Police Interceptor, which is based on the Taurus Sedan. Unlike the Crown Vic, the Interceptor boasts all-wheel drive. It’s also built to withstand a 70+ MPH rear-end impact/crash. The new car is 25% more fuel efficient and also is more fuel efficient while idling. There’s also a utility version of the new model, which along with the sedan version will be phased in as the Crown Vics are phased out.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
- Wellesley events
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
Subscribe for updates
- Cary Bussema on Wellesley High on hunt for new girls’ basketball, lacrosse coaches
- Accountability on Wellesley High on hunt for new girls’ basketball, lacrosse coaches
- supporter on Wellesley High on hunt for new girls’ basketball, lacrosse coaches
- susie smith on Wellesley High on hunt for new girls’ basketball, lacrosse coaches
- Confused . . . on Wellesley High on hunt for new girls’ basketball, lacrosse coaches
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Where to sled in Wellesley
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- More Wellesley pages here
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- About us/Contact The Swellesley Report
- Bob’s bugs
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
Be sure to tell them you saw this on The Swellesley Report
Shirts for Sale!