The Wellesley Police Department shares the story of the Crown Victoria, which has been discontinued by Ford and so is no longer an option for police cruisers, as they have been in Wellesley since the 1980s. The replacement: The smaller and sleeker Ford Police Interceptor, which is based on the Taurus Sedan. Unlike the Crown Vic, the Interceptor boasts all-wheel drive. It’s also built to withstand a 70+ MPH rear-end impact/crash. The new car is 25% more fuel efficient and also is more fuel efficient while idling. There’s also a utility version of the new model, which along with the sedan version will be phased in as the Crown Vics are phased out.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
Most Read Posts
- Boston Catholic Insider blog delves into closing of St. Paul School in Wellesley
- Wellesley singer-songwriter crowdfunding heartfelt first album
- Car crashes into Cliff Road home in Wellesley, disaster narrowly averted
- Free family activities on Tuesday mornings at Wellesley Town Hall Green
- Patriots player backs Perdoni family, Old School Pizzeria
Joe Perdoni Family Trust Fund
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2015
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Where to eat beyond Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- More Wellesley pages here
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- About us/Contact The Swellesley Report
Subscribe for updates
Shirts for Sale!