Here’s the big check for $15,200, raised through the running of the Thanksgiving Day race in Wellesley, being awarded to reps from Wellesley Cancer Prevention Project. Proceeds are being divvied up between Vernon Cancer Center’s Integrative Support Services program and the Wellesley Cancer Prevention Project, which raises awareness of environmental toxins and the incidence of cancer. The check was awarded at the recent Ms. Santa 5K race, whose participants included Wellesley cancer survivor and speedy runner Carol Chaoui (shown left), who worked hard with J. Alain Ferry to bring the Turkey5 race to Wellesley.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley events
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2014
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Latest Wellesley fundraisers & charity events
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Where to sled in Wellesley
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- More Wellesley pages here
Subscribe for updates
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
Be sure to tell them you saw this on The Swellesley Report
- Dave Gustare on What’s with all the Wellesley elections?
- Slow down Swellesley on Questions answered regarding Wellesley speed limit sign, traffic light cameras
- MJ on Nearly naked, sleepwalking zombie sculpture triggers debate at Wellesley College
- Joy on Nearly naked, sleepwalking zombie sculpture triggers debate at Wellesley College
- Scott Gallant on Nearly naked, sleepwalking zombie sculpture triggers debate at Wellesley College
Shirts for Sale!