Wellesley didn’t technically get mentioned by name, but the conductor in reeling off an endless list of Boston firsts told the story of organ transplant pioneer Joseph Murray, the Wellesley doctor and Nobel Prize winner who died last year. More specifically, the story focused on the identical twin Herrick brothers, one of whom successfully donated a kidney to his deathly sick brother back in 1954.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
Most Read Posts
- Mars astronaut hopeful stationed on planet Wellesley for now
- Wellesley MLP's next act: serving up Internet and phone service?
- Don't blame Wellesley Middle Schoolers for this mess
- Car takes out utility pole overnight on Cedar Street in Wellesley
- Wellesley Public School bands, singers surprise teachers
Joe Perdoni Family Trust Fund
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2015
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Where to eat beyond Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- More Wellesley pages here
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- About us/Contact The Swellesley Report
Subscribe for updates
Shirts for Sale!