Wellesley didn’t technically get mentioned by name, but the conductor in reeling off an endless list of Boston firsts told the story of organ transplant pioneer Joseph Murray, the Wellesley doctor and Nobel Prize winner who died last year. More specifically, the story focused on the identical twin Herrick brothers, one of whom successfully donated a kidney to his deathly sick brother back in 1954.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
Most Read Posts
- More Wellesley toy store woes: Magic Beans makes a plea
- Fox25 to air TV special on Wellesley-Needham football rivalry
- No more jug handle on Rte. 9/Oak Street
- Wellesley High's Thomas D'Anieri crowned as top Massachusetts boys cross country runner
- Wellesley High grad Garrett Lam named a Rhodes Scholar
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Where to eat beyond Wellesley
- Wellesley Restaurants, Rest In Peace
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2015
- More Wellesley pages here
Subscribe for updates