Wellesley didn’t technically get mentioned by name, but the conductor in reeling off an endless list of Boston firsts told the story of organ transplant pioneer Joseph Murray, the Wellesley doctor and Nobel Prize winner who died last year. More specifically, the story focused on the identical twin Herrick brothers, one of whom successfully donated a kidney to his deathly sick brother back in 1954.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley events
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2014
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley, Style
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Latest Wellesley fundraisers & charity events
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Where to sled in Wellesley
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- More Wellesley pages here
Subscribe for updates
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
Be sure to tell them you saw this on The Swellesley Report
- Ken on New commuter rail schedule starts Monday, minus a couple of Wellesley express trips
- Deborah Brown on Goldendoodle’s owner seeks help finding missing dog in Wellesley
- Stuart on New commuter rail schedule starts Monday, minus a couple of Wellesley express trips
- Josh Arlow on Stephen Colbert briefly earns Wellesley College Master’s in Women’s Studies degree
- Jen on Goldendoodle’s owner seeks help finding missing dog in Wellesley
Shirts for Sale!