A reader wrote in to share with us a column written for the Townsman by Andrew Boyle, a Wellesley resident who has been coaching youth sports for 13 years. Boyle argues that it’s time to stop forming elite teams and making cuts involving kids at “ridiculously young ages,” such as 8 years old. Not only does this lead to burn-out of early bloomers, but disregard for late bloomers. Boyle’s not in favor of doing away with competition, but just delaying some of the harsher realities of sports until kids are at least of middle school age. Thoughts?
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
Wellesley Winter Holiday Happenings
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley events
- 2013 Wellesley Winter Holiday Happenings
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Where to eat beyond Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Latest Wellesley fundraisers & charity events
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- More Wellesley pages here
Subscribe for updates
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
- Dan Gordon on Wellesley High orchestra drama heads to court: Teacher vs. parent
- Brooks Goddard on Wellesley High Memorial Garden re-dedicated
- RHen on Wellesley brothers launch errand service
- Tyler Capecci on Wellesley brothers launch errand service
- Joshua Dorin on The Belclare: Wellesley Inn successor “A new way to live in Wellesley”
Shirts for Sale!