Wellesley Police and Fire Departments responded to a 911 call by a woman whose golden retriever fell through the ice in the Charles River at Elm Bank Reservation on Sunday afternoon. The woman wisely didn’t go in after the dog and left the job to the professionals, as you can see in this video. The emergency personnel used GPS data from the cellphone to track down the location of the incident. The dog, named Crosby, was fine after getting dried off and warmed up.
- Please send tips, photos, ideas to [email protected]
TIme to advertise on The Swellesley Report?
Click image for more info
- Wellesley events
- Wellesley MA events calendar
- Top 10 things to do in Wellesley, Mass.
- Wellesley Summer Camps, 2014
- Where to eat in Wellesley
- Wellesley schools
- Wellesley charitable and community action groups
- Latest Wellesley fundraisers & charity events
- Wellesley Arts/Entertainment
- Where to sled in Wellesley
- Kid stuff (sports, clubs, playgrounds in Wellesley, Mass.)
- Wellesley sports & social clubs
- More Wellesley pages here
Subscribe for updates
Home Theater and TV Installations Done Right, Done Affordable
Be sure to tell them you saw this on The Swellesley Report
- Ken on New commuter rail schedule starts Monday, minus a couple of Wellesley express trips
- Deborah Brown on Goldendoodle’s owner seeks help finding missing dog in Wellesley
- Stuart on New commuter rail schedule starts Monday, minus a couple of Wellesley express trips
- Josh Arlow on Stephen Colbert briefly earns Wellesley College Master’s in Women’s Studies degree
- Jen on Goldendoodle’s owner seeks help finding missing dog in Wellesley
Shirts for Sale!