For those of you sticking close to home, here’s a sampling of things going on in Wellesley:
* Feb. 14: Mary Pope Osborne, author of the popular Magic Tree House series of children’s books, will make a presentation at 2pm at Wellesley Middle School. Doors open at 130pm. Booksigning after. Event is free, open to public.
* Feb. 16: Wellesley College Botanic Gardens Greenhouse Kids’ Time from 1-4pm, free.
* Feb. 17: Aesop’s Fables and Greek Myths presented by Kate Carney at Wellesley Free Library at 2-3pm ‘Imagine being whisked off to Mount Olympus in Greece by the Muse of Comedy. Hear Aesop’s Fables and myths of the gods. Discover how the gods meddled in people’s lives, played tricks on each other, and chalked it all up to Fate. Participate in the sound effects — and maybe be drafted into the show!’ This program is intended for school age (Kindergarten-Grade 6) children. Free. http://heroicwomen.atspace.com/about.html
Public skating at Babson rink Tuesday and Friday 10:30-11:50am. For more info and skating hours.
* Feb. 18: Movie Igor at Wellesley Free Library 2-330pm. Free.
Free tour of the Davis Museum and Cultural Center at Wellesley College at 1pm (admission to museum is always free). Tours are given mid-Feb to mid-June.
* Feb. 19: Toe Jam Puppet Band, a toe-tapping, puppet-jamming, all-ages concert at Temple Beth Elohim (10 Bethel Road, Wellesley) from 10-11am. Tickets: $6/person at door
Movie “Open Season” at Wellesley Free Library, 2-330pm.
Know of other family friendly activities going on? Email us here