Newton-Wellesley Hospital will hold its first two seasonal flu shot clinics for the community in early October. They are free:
NWH – Surgical Center
2014 Washington Street, Newton
Thursday October 8, 2009 from 4- 7 pm
Waltham Urgent Care Center, 9 Hope Ave, Waltham
Wednesday October 21 from 4-7 pm
The clinics are open to all, 18 and older, and are especially important for:
• Adults 50 years of age and older.
• Persons aged 18 to 64 years with underlying chronic medical conditions (heart or lung disease; metabolic disease such as diabetes; kidney disease; blood disorders; or weakened immune systems including people with HIV/AIDS).
• All women who will be pregnant during flu season.
• Health care workers involved in direct patient care and emergency first responders.
• People who have or take care of a baby under six months old.
Registration begins today by calling CareFinder at 617-243-5900. Registration is not available online. Five more flu shot clinics will be added soon.