Parents of Prospective High School Boys Soccer Players:
On behalf of the captains of the Fall 2015 Wellesley High School boys soccer team, we are again organizing registration in a summer soccer league in which many towns in the area participate. New this year, we will enter 2 teams, based on growing participation and input from players. Here are the details:
* the games are “friendlies.” No standings are kept, no website exists to record results, a single referee is used, equal playing time per game for each player is intended, etc. The purpose is to bridge the period from the end of the spring season to the beginning of the team season in August, maintain and gain fitness, touch, teamwork, etc.
* games are Mondays and Wednesdays from June 29 to July 29. Start time is 6:30, arrival time is 6:00. Home games are at Sprague 2 unless you are notified otherwise.
* it is normal to miss games due to vacation, work, etc; kids simply come to as many as they can
* there are no scheduled practices
* cost is $95 per player
* registration and payment, by June 1 please, are via https://secure.
* players will receive numbered home and away t-shirt jerseys
* the 2 teams will be “balanced” teams. A varsity captain will serve as coach for each team. Mike Prakken and Peter D’Anieri will be parent supervisors for the teams.
* private school boys are welcome as well as Wellesley High School students, as long as they are town residents