Half a dozen Wellesley High School ensembles took part in the annual Massachusetts Instrumental & Choral Conductors Association (MICCA) Festival this past weekend and they really cleaned up on the medal front.
“Our groups gave excellent performances for a panel of adjudicators, who themselves, are experts in the field of music,” said Dr. Sabrina Quintana, director of performing arts for Wellesley Public Schools.
Here’s a recap of the participating Wellesley ensembles and their awards:
- Concert Band under the direction of Steve Scott: Silver Medal
- Wind Ensemble under the direction of Mr. Scott: Silver Medal
- Concert Choir under the direction of Dr. Kevin McDonald: Bronze Medal
- Keynote Singers under the direction of Dr. McDonald: Silver Medal
- Symphonia under the direction of Dr. Sergey Khanukaev: Bronze Medal
- Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Dr. Khanukaev: Gold Medal
That Gold Medal earned the Chamber Orchestra a spot at Symphony Hall on Saturday, April 16 at 11:30am along with the rest of the MICCA Gold Medal winners. Congrats to all…