Conservation Information for Suburbanites, is a series of five lunch-time classes focusing on climate change and sustainability issues in Wellesley and neighboring towns. Offered by Wellesley Weston Lifetime Learning, this program is available to seniors 55 years-old and over.
A series of presenters will cover a range of resource sustainability issues pertinent to Wellesley and other suburban communities.
- September 19 Quentin Prideaux, Climate Change and Massachusetts
- September 26 Natural Resources Commission, Fuller Brook Park reconstruction project and rain gardens
- October 3 Rick Lent, Elders Climate Action
- October 17 Cricket Vlass, Landscaping with Native Plants
- October 24 Wellesley WasteWise, Food and other waste reduction
Teacher: Quentin Prideaux, president of Sustainable Wellesley(www.sustainablewellesley.org), a volunteer organization whose mission is to engage residents, business and the town in the actions required for sustainability.