Registration is open for the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, which follows the entire marathon course through Wellesley and beyond, although shorter options are also available. The event is scheduled for Sunday, September 24, and funds raised support adult and pediatric patient care and cancer research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Participants can choose from four route options (all routes conclude at the Copley Square Finish Line in Boston):
- Marathon Walk (26.2 miles) from Hopkinton
- Half Marathon Walk (13.1 miles) from Wellesley
- 10K Walk (6.2 miles) from Newton
- 5K Walk (3.1 miles) from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Can’t make it on Walk day? Register as a Virtual Walker
The over 8,900 expected walkers are treated to refueling stations along the course as well as a celebration at the Copley Square Finish Line, complete with food, music, and a speaking program.
All walkers commit to raise a minimum of $300, except for walkers 12 years old and younger whose fundraising commitment is $100. Register as a walker or to volunteer at www.JimmyFundWalk.org or call (866) 531-9255.
Leave a Reply