The Wellesley Fire Department, which responded quickly to contain a “smoke condition” on the stage Saturday night during Wellesley High’s final performance of Sweeney Todd, has shared a photo with us of the rag that sparked the commotion.
The situation, which forced an evacuation of the building on a chilly night, added to what was already a dramatic night of bloody and musical theatre that featured faux fire and smokey props as it was.
Wellesley Fire Chief Rick DeLorie says: “The rag fell onto a stage light and resulted in a smoke condition. The fire alarm cleared the building, the audience, cast and crew, all did exactly what should be done to keep everyone safe. The firefighters’ response was fast, they cleared out the smoke, then the show continued…”
Here are a few pics of other goings on during a very busy Saturday at Wellesley High School…