Hope Walks is a 3.3 mile neighborhood walk to benefit the Joan B. and James P. Vernon Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Funds raised through Hope Walks provide cancer patients with access to some of the most innovative cancer care and integrative support services provided by the staff at the Vernon Cancer Center.
Here’s how to sign up for Hope Walks ahead of time: www.nwh.org/hopewalks.
Last year over 700 participants and 100 volunteers took part in the event, which raised more than $200,000 to benefit the Vernon Cancer Center.
Proceeds from the fundraiser support access to clinical trials and research, nutrition and genetic counseling, art therapy, yoga, psycho-social services, patient navigation, survivorship initiatives as well as the Pappas PACT (Parenting at a Challenging Time), a parent guidance program for patients with children impacted by a cancer diagnosis.
Walk Day Event Details:
- Check in/day of registration for Hope Walks will open at 9:00 AM on Sunday, October 21, 2018 at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Open Ceremonies will begin promptly at 9:30 AM.
- Walkers will begin walking at 10:00 AM following Opening Ceremonies.
- When walkers return from their 3.3 mile trek, a BBQ lunch will be served, along with entertainment, until 12:30 PM.
- Feel free to arrive a bit early or stay a bit later to check out some of our sponsor booths and walk day activities!