“Real Housewives of New York City” star Bethenny Frankel was treated for a severe allergic reaction just a bit beyond Wellesley at Newton-Wellesley hospital, according to E!News. In a tweet Frankel called the 300-beds medical center “…the best hospital I have ever been to and I am so grateful.”
She tweeted on Monday that after ingesting soup on Sunday she started itching, “was unconscious for 15 minutes”, then was rushed to the Emergency Room and spent two days in the Intensive Care Unit. “I couldn’t talk, see, thought I had a stroke & dying & told if 5 mins later I’d be dead. 911 & EPI saved me. I’ll never not carry an epipen.”
Although Frankel raved about the care at Newton-Wellesley, apparently she was less impressed with the mattresses. After hitting up a high-end mattress company to donate 200+ mattresses to the hospital and being gently let down, Frankel is asking anyone with a mattress contact to let her know.