UPDATE: Wellesley Square July Jubilation to will go on this Saturday, July 20, 9:30am – 4:30pm. Yes, it’s going to be hot, but so will the bargains and the fun.
This from the Wellesley Merchant’s Association on how to beat the heat:
The Town of Wellesley, Police and Fire Departments as well as the Wellesley Square merchants are all in favor of proceeding with July Jubilation and are working together to take precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of the animals, shoppers and visitors, workers, and entertainers:
– The Petting Zoo will be indoors with air conditioning at 91 Central Street.
– Some of the entertainers will roam all of Wellesley Square and appear in stores to entertain visitors in air-conditioned comfort.
– A Cooling Station will be available at The Wellesley Free Library from 9am – 5pm in the Wakelin Room, with plenty of water and seating, thanks to the Library and The Town of Wellesley.
– Cooling misters will be provided by the Wellesley Fire Dept. and State Fire Marshall,; these are the same units used during The Boston Marathon as safety precautions during extreme heat. Thanks to the Department of Public Works and the Municipal Light Plant for their coordinated efforts on this.
– The merchants will freely serve cold water throughout the day.
– Come early and enjoy the festivities before the significant heat rolls in during the afternoon.
SPONSORED POST: Come join the fun at one of Wellesley’s most-loved summer traditions, the July Jubilation Sidewalk Sale, sponsored by The Wellesley Square Merchants’ Association. All the excitement takes place throughout Wellesley Square on Saturday, July 20, 9:30am to 4:30pm. From Central Street (which is closed) to Church Square and Washington Street, the members of the Association are serving up great deals and fun for all.
The shopping and family fun extravaganza traditionally offers great opportunities to shop Wellesley first, as well as plenty of activities for kids at an event that has been going strong for over 25 years. Maybe it’s the petting zoo or the chance to enjoy the Wellesley Theatre Project’s skits. Maybe it’s the chance to drop a Wellesley firefighter into a dunk tank. Or maybe it’s just a great excuse to stroll around Wellesley Square and see what there is to see. Whatever your reason for going, you don’t want to miss the fun.
SHOPPING: Over sixty merchants will offer extraordinary savings at sidewalk sales from one end of the Square to the other. Whether you’re looking for toys, clothing, books, home decor, handbags, and more, merchants will be on the sidewalks and in the streets with deep discounts on great stuff.
FUN: Bouncy houses, a stilt walker, the bubble zone and more.
PARKING: All this and free metered parking too, thanks to the Town of Wellesley.
FOOD: Maybe your first stop will be Sam’s Hot Dogs at Church Square. Or enjoy the offerings at Cocobeet, B.Good, Upper Crust Pizza, J.P Licks, and Smith & Wollensky.
MUSIC: The Wellesley Symphony; sing-a-long; disc jockey; live music by InHome Jams, which is going to be a hit with the kids.
For more information, go to ShopWellesleySquare.
Interested in a Sponsored Post for YOUR business, school, or non-profit? Contact us at [email protected]