Residents are invited to participate in a remote public hearing on Monday, July 19 at 6:30 p.m. to learn about Zoning Articles that will be considered at the October 2021 Special Town Meeting.
The Planning Board and Department will hold the hearing via Zoom.
The proposed Articles include:
- Accessory dwelling units (aka, in-law apartments)
- Additional of sustainability standards to Zoning Bylaws
- Redefinition of two-unit dwelling to include townhouse style in General Residence Districts
- By-right outdoor dining in Commercial Districts
- Adoption of new Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood plain maps
- Banning or regulating the use of land in Commercial Districts for gun shops/shows
To join, click on the Zoom link. Passcode: 610993 Webinar ID: 860 6940 4478
The public hearing will also be live streamed on Wellesley Public Media, and broadcast live on Comcast channel 8 and Verizon channel 40. The meeting will also be recorded and available on demand.
You can get a preview of the topics by reviewing the July 6 Planning Board meeting recording by Wellesley Media. Tune in around the 1-hour, 5-minute mark.