The 2017 UU Wellesley Spring Carnival is Saturday, May 20 from 10 am – 4 pm during Wellesley’s Wonderful Weekend
Join us for a day filled of family fun! All ages are welcome. Rain date is June 3. For directions, click HERE.
To make the most of your day, please note the times for scheduled events:
10am: Carnival opens. Enjoy the kiddie bounce house, teen obstacle course, classic carnival games and prizes, and fun activities such as face painting, balloon animals, nail art with Jamberry Nails, henna, sand art, and more!
4pm: Carnival closes.
Collegium Musicum, Wellesley College
Director, Andrew Areci
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 — 7:30pm
Houghton Chapel, Wellesley College
106 Central St. Wellesley, MA 02481
The Collegium Musicum is an ensemble of singers and instrumentalists open to Wellesley College students, faculty, staff, and the local community. The Collegium specializes in the performance of Western music from the Middle Ages to the early 19th century. The Collegium is often joined by faculty and outside guest artists who enrich the ensemble for special projects.
The event is free and open to the public.
Several Easter egg hunts will take place on Saturday, April 8 in Wellesley, with some more elaborate than others…
*Linden Square Easter Hoppenings
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at The Cottage 8am & 9:45 am seatings: reservations required
- Petting Zoo in the courtyard 10am – 2pm: Visit with some farm babies like bunnies, chicks, ducklings and more.
- Easter Bunny Meet & Greet 11am to Noon: Visit with the Easter Bunny and snap a quick photo with him. (Please note that the line will cut off at 11:45am, 5 families into the line)
- Scavenger Hunt & Activities 10am – 2pm: Visit the welcome table in the courtyard then start on a fun adventure around Linden Square at these participating stores:
- *Bach to Rock: kid-friendly karaoke
- *California Pizza Kitchen: decorate an easter egg
- *Kenzie & Tiny Hanger: face painting
- *Magic Beans: decorate a greeting card for a child in the Boston Children’s Hospital
- *Roche Bros.: Visit the bakery counter and receive a special free Easter cookie (one per child, while supplies last)
- Salon Maleah: finger puppets and salon freebies for the family
- *Talbots: complimentary coffee and treats
- *Unleashed by Petco: snap a photo with you, your pet and/or fam
*Join the Wellesley Recreation Department at Warren Park (90 Washington Street) for an egg hunt and Spring Bunny photo opps on Saturday, April 8, 10am.
Ages walking to 3 years, 10am starting time.
Ages 4 -6 years, 10:20am starting time.
Please bring your own baskets or bags to collect the eggs. This event is free.
Wellesley Hills Congregational Church is holding its annual Easter Egg Hunt Saturday April 8 from 9-11am at 207 Washington St.
What: Breakfast, Petting Zoo, Easter Egg Hunt, Bounce House, Crafts, an appearance by the Easter Bunny and Prizes
Suggested donation: $5/per person or $20/per family
Cardinal Seán Patrick O’Malley swung by St. John School in Wellesley last week to help the students, parents and teachers of the parochial school celebrate its 50th anniversary of providing a Catholic education for students in pre-school – grade 6. For those who aren’t familiar with the Catholic church hierarchy, having a Cardinal visit is a very big deal, particularly one as well-loved in the Boston Archdiocese as Father Seán, as he is called by the faithful.
Father Seán is quite a blogger in his own right — he shares his reflections, experiences, and lots of pictures with regular updates.
Here are a few pics of his visit (photo credits: Beth Shedd of PhotOptimist).