The Wellesley Club has announced its officers and board members for the 2019-2020 club year, elected by the membership at its March meeting.
- President Ann W. Rappaport
- Vice President Dale C. Edmunds
- Secretary Peter F. Cory
- Treasurer: KC Kato
- Curator Salvatore DeFazio III
- Ilissa K. Povich
- Vincent J. Spoto
- Ellen F. Gibbs
- W. Arthur Garrity III
The club has also announced its schedule of dinner meetings and guest speakers:
- Monday, September 23, 2019 – Guest speaker: Juliette Kayyem, Senior Belfer Lecturer in International Security at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government and national expert in homeland security, resiliency and safety. Venue: Harvard Club of Boston, 374 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston.
- Monday, October 28, 2019 – Guest speaker: Harriet Cross, Her Majesty’s Consul General to New England. Venue: Newton Marriott, 2345 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton.
- Monday, January 13, 2020 – Guest speaker: Stephen Spinelli, Jr., President of Babson College. Venue: Wellesley Country Club, 300 Wellesley Avenue, Wellesley.
- Monday, March 2, 2020 – The Club will host its annual Town Affairs Night at which Town officials discuss recent developments and matters expected to come before the annual Town Meeting. Venue: Wellesley Country Club.
About the Wellesley Club
The Wellesley Club is the oldest civic organization in Wellesley, having been established 130 years ago in 1889, and has been influential in the development of the Town. The Club’s declared purpose is “to promote literary and social culture among the members and especially to consider and discuss questions relating to the welfare of the Town of Wellesley.”
The Wellesley Club attracts residents with a genuine interest in the well-being and progress of the Town and its businesses. The Club provides a forum for public discussion of pertinent topics and an opportunity to meet and discuss a wide range of issues. Town residents with an interest in the Wellesley Club should contact a current Club member or Club Secretary, Peter Cory at [email protected]. For more information about the Club, events and membership visit www.wellesleyclub.org.