Submit your event/s. Note that we limit event listings mainly to free or inexpensive public events in Wellesley, such as talks, films, theatre productions, concerts, etc. This is not a place for businesses to promote themselves, their classes, etc. Please don’t submit events that run for weeks and weeks. We approve event listings before they go live, typically within 24 hours.
No business sales, trunk shows, etc. (those would be paid advertisements). Please go easy on the ALL CAPS, exclamation points!!!!, etc.
We also appreciate any contributions to support our independent journalism venture.
Thanks, Deborah & Bob
- This event has passed.
Newton-Wellesley Hospital Hope Walks
October 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Newton-Wellesley Hospital is gearing up for its ninth annual Hope Walks event on Sunday, October 21, 2018. Hope Walks is a 3.3 mile neighborhood walk to benefit the Joan B. and James P. Vernon Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
Here’s how to sign up ahead of time: www.nwh.org/hopewalks.
Funds raised through Hope Walks provide cancer patients with access to some of the most innovative cancer care and integrative support services provided by the staff at the Vernon Cancer Center.
- Check in/day of registration for Hope Walks will open at 9:00 AM on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
- Open Ceremonies will begin promptly at 9:30 AM.
- Walkers will begin walking at 10:00 AM following Opening Ceremonies.
- When walkers return from their 3.3 mile trek, a BBQ lunch will be served, along with entertainment, until 12:30 PM.
- Feel free to arrive a bit early or stay a bit later to check out some of our sponsor booths and walk day activities!
For more information, please contact [email protected].