This lady has taken a color most of us are afraid of — chartreuse — and paired it with grey to tone it down a bit. The chartreuse provides a nice pop of color at the end of winter. And I love how the grey tights flow into the grey shoes, which flow into the grey industrial carpet of the Wakelin Room. Thanks to model A.B.
Wellesley residents have a reputation for conservative, preppy dressing, and it’s not undeserved. But look around. There’s more out there than Lacoste polos and North Face fleece.
This page is a combination of a diary about our own shopping adventures in Wellesley and beyond and pictures of townspeople who have got it going on satorially speaking. Every page has to start somewhere. Let’s start with Spring shoes:
I found these Alegria by PG Lite clogs at DSW Shoe Warehouse in Framingham, languishing on the clearance rack for no good reason. They immediately wormed their way into my footwear rotation and have gotten me around Boston very comfortably, spiced up a boring old outfit I’ve been wearing all winter, and just made me smile every time I look down.
The company is committed to bright colors and patterns, but you can still get staid, solid colors, if you insist. They’re a nice change from the ubiquitous Dansko clogs that get to go everywhere in this town, but in the same price range of about $120 (if you don’t score a pair on the clearance rack, that is). We haven’t found any stores in town that carry Alegria, so it’s off to route 9 or online shopping for you in order to score a pair.
- Save the date: Wellesley Marketplace is Saturday, November 17
- The Weavers Guild of Boston holding annual sale at Wellesley Village Church
- British clothing brand Fat Face to schuss boom into Wellesley’s Church Square
- Wellesley Business Buzz: Atelier salon coming to Belclare, Huard Financial Group opens, J.Todd to celebrate fall with show
- Wellesley Business Buzz: Mark’s Pizza on the comeback trail, id. Salon closed, authors coming to town
- It was vintage Carol Chaoui at Vintage Vogue cancer research fundraiser
- Save the date: Wellesley Square Mom’s Day Out event is September 14 -15
- Shopper’s Corner at Schofield School in Wellesley opening September 12
- Here’s what you missed over the summer in Wellesley
- Crane & Lion ascends to luxury trinity: Beacon Hill, Nantucket & now Wellesley