Thanks to Mature Caregivers for their swell sponsorship of The Swellesley Report’s Seniors page. Mature Caregivers is a full-service elder care agency that pairs caregivers age 50+ with care recipients requiring in-home care. Mature Caregivers provides service directly in Massachusetts, and referrals to affiliates anywhere in the U.S.
Seniors living well in Wellesley
Wellesley offers many opportunities for seniors, from educational to entertainment to outdoors and community activities, including volunteer positions.
At the heart of these opportunities is the Council on Aging (COA), and its headquarters at the Tolles Parsons Center at 500 Washington St. “The mission of the Wellesley Council on Aging is to serve as the primary resource for residents over the age of 60; to empower individuals to reach their goals; to offer comprehensive programs, services, and assistance that optimize quality of life; and to enable meaningful connections and collaborations that inspire a spirit of community across the generations in our town.”
According to the 2020 U.S. Census data, more than 14% of Wellesley residents are age 65 or older. The town’s Housing Production Plan and other housing development efforts seek to address more opportunities for seniors already living in town to downsize and stay here, as well as for seniors who don’t already live here to move to town.
More resources for seniors in Wellesley, Mass.
- Waterstone at Wellesley virtual education sessions
- Wellesley-Weston Lifetime Learning: Offers courses that provide intellectual stimulation, vigorous discussion and good fellowship.
- Wellesley College (audit courses)
- Wellesley Free Library
- Wellesley Historical Society
- Wellesley Neighbors: Nonprofit social and support organization that welcomes over-60 couples and singles of Dover, Natick, Needham, Wellesley and Weston. Call Joyce about membership at 781 283-0417, ext. 1
- Wellesley Service League’s Men’s Group
- Wellesley Friendly Aid/Wellesley Service League’s Friendship Circle for senior women
- Veterans’ Services
What are we missing? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org