Our roundup of the latest Wellesley, Mass., business news:
‘Humble,’ ‘Elegant’ tenant on way to Linden Square
Reps from Linden Square property manager Federal Realty presented plans at the most recent Wellesley Design Review Board meeting (see start of Wellesley Media recording) for proposed changes to the space currently occupied by California Pizza Kitchen.
Citing confidentiality agreements, the reps didn’t identify the tenants that would fill the space (including an extension), but did describe the larger tenant as seeking a look for that end of the building that would be “humble, modest,” and “elegant.” The tenant’s taste was also described as being “French inspired,” and the mockup of the proposed changes show an “end cap” at the end of the building that appears to feature hanging lights. Given the space is already outfitted with a kitchen, you could imagine something like a bakery or other food establishment sliding in.
Federal Realty has been chatting up flower shops, which they said would be a complementary tenant to the one next door.
The current clock above what’s now the California Pizza Kitchen entrance would go away under the proposed design.
Construction on this building (dubbed Building 165) and the one to its left (Building 185) is set to begin within a few weeks, according to Federal Realty.
We’ve embedded the presentation by Federal Realty below.
Nissan dealership to fill Volvo void
The public has been curious about what might be moving in to 962 Worcester St., the former location of Volvo of Wellesley, which in 2019 moved west on Rte. 9 to become Bernardi Volvo Cars in Natick at 910 Worcester St. just a few minutes’ drive from the old site.
The site at 962 has been undergoing a roughly $3M renovation, and will be home to a new Bernadi Nissan dealership. The renovation is expected to be finished this fall, according to Bernardi Auto Group.
Wellesley’s Select Board approved the license for this business at its recent meeting.
Cilicia Mediterranean Market opens in Natick Center
The brown paper covering the windows has come down, and Cilicia Mediterranean Market has officially opened its doors at 7 North Main Street. Owner Maral Yotnakhperian has stocked the shelves with dried beans, pickled vegetables, spices, nuts & seeds, jam & honey, cheeses, candy, a Greek olive oil station, and more. When we stopped by, the fresh fruits and vegetables sourced from local distributors were about to arrive, and prepared foods will soon be available. More on Cilicia on Natick Report.
Clean Energy coming in August
Clean Energy, an outfit that offers “meal replacement shakes, energizing teas and delicious coffee,” plans to open in August at 259 Washington St. The location has previously housed a couple of fitness businesses.
We appreciate all of our advertising support. It helps cover the cost of running The Swellesley Report and providing an independent and community-focused news source for the town.
For information about advertising on The Swellesley Report, please email [email protected]
- Admit Fit—College admissions counseling.
- Boston Sports Institute—Multi-use recreation center at 900 Worcester St.
- Call and Haul—Junk removal, recycling, moving & delivery, pickups.
- Corcoran & Havlin Insurance Group—Coverage for home, condo, vehicle.
- Ebersole Financial LLC—An independent registered investment advisor.
- Fast Frame—Wellesley’s neighborhood frame store since 2002.
- Fay School—Private K-9 elementary and middle school.
- Feldman Family Law—Confidential counseling and advice.
- Greentail Table—Resource for wedding, hostess, and housewarming gifts.
- iCode—K-12 programs in computer science.
- Jesamondo—Experience inner peace and outer beauty.
- Linden Square—Lifestyle. Location.
- London Harness—Find the perfect gift.
- Needham Bank—Build something.
- Page Waterman, Gallery & Framing—Anything is possible.
- Pinnacle Residential Properties—We’re your smartest move.
- Salon 23 West—Upstairs from ordinary.
- Sexton Test Prep & Tutoring—Superior service. Outstanding results.
- The Langham, Boston—Celebrate the everyday at the re-imagined luxury hotel.
- Maloney Properties—Apply for affordable home ownership.
- The Moving Pictures Company—Wedding/event photography & video.
- The TUMI Store—Find the perfect gift.
- Bernardi Volvo Cars Natick—910 Worcester Street, Natick.
- Wellesley Square Merchants—Directory of restaurants, stores, services.
- Wellesley Theatre Project—Exceptional performing arts education.
Support Swellesley’s independent journalism efforts by contributing or advertising.