Our roundup of the latest Wellesley business news:
Lyn Evans loves Wellesley and is coming back to us
After closing its 32 Church Street doors on July 1, 2021, Lyn Evans just couldn’t stay away. The women’s clothing boutique will reopen in fashionable new digs in mid-September at 87 Central St. (the former home of Wildflower). The team tells us there’s just a little bit of work to be done in the new space. They’re building out dressing rooms and making decisions about how to showcase a curated selection in their smaller space.
Pure Glow is back
Sometimes when we see a business has “temporarily” closed in town, it turns out not to be so temporary. But Pure Glow, the organic spray tanning business that shuttered its Church Square spot in February to focus on its Boston business during the pandemic, has announced plans to reopen in Wellesley on Sept. 13.
Church Square goes designer route
20-year-old interior design firm Capello Design has announced plans to move its studio from its 445 Washington St., location in Wellesley to 24 Church St., formerly home to nuts and chocolate shop Fastachi.
The firm will work with its design clients and offer various accessories and art at the new location.
Capello says on its Facebook page: “We will also pay homage to Fastachi chocolates who many people in town miss including me! So from time time I promise to offer their chocolates to sample along with champagne of course!”
Next door on Church Street is new tenant Katie Rosenfeld and Company, another interior design outfit.
Linden Square sidewalk sale
The place to score great shopping deals will be Linden Square during the blow-out Sidewalk Sale from Thursday, September 9 – Sunday, September 12. Loads of merchants will have their goods out all day, so don’t miss the discounts at this fun yearly event.
There will be deals of up to 70% off on SALE items only at your favorite stores. Sort through racks and racks to find that go-anywhere dress, comfy work-out clothes, tops galore, baby gear, and more.
Save the date for Parents Day Out in Wellesley Square
The Wellesley Square Merchants’ Association is getting ready for two big days of their always-popular fall shopping event. Parents Day Out will take place on Friday, Sept. 17 and Saturday, Sept. 18, and participating stores throughout Wellesley Square will offer discounts, special offers, and surprises.
Details to follow.
Got tips on business openings, closings or whatever, feel free to email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also email us if you’re interested in sponsoring our weekly Wellesley Business Buzz roundup.
For information about advertising on The Swellesley Report, please email email@example.com
Swellesley’s advertiser index
- Admit Fit—College admissions counseling.
- Boston Sports Institute—Multi-use recreation center at 900 Worcester St.
- Call and Haul—Junk removal, recycling, moving & delivery, pickups.
- Corcoran & Havlin Insurance Group—Coverage for home, condo, vehicle.
- Dedham Country Day School (DCD)—Apply now for their fall 2021 Pre-K program.
- Ebersole Financial LLC—An independent registered investment advisor.
- Fast Frame—Wellesley’s neighborhood frame store since 2002.
- Fay School—Private K-9 elementary and middle school.
- Feldman Family Law—Confidential counseling and advice.
- Greentail Table—Resource for wedding, hostess, and housewarming gifts.
- iCode—K-12 programs in computer science.
- Jesamondo—Experience inner peace and outer beauty.
- Linden Square—Lifestyle. Location.
- London Harness—Find the perfect gift.
- Metrowest Property Maintenance—Snow removal, firewood delivery, and more. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Needham Bank—Build something.
- O’Toole Builders—Restoration, renovation, remodeling, home repair
- Page Waterman, Gallery & Framing—Anything is possible.
- Pinnacle Residential Properties—We’re your smartest move.
- Salon 23 West—Upstairs from ordinary.
- Sexton Test Prep & Tutoring—Superior service. Outstanding results.
- The Langham, Boston—Celebrate the everyday at the re-imagined luxury hotel.
- The TUMI Store—Find the perfect gift.
- Volvo—Test drive a new Volvo.
- Watertite Co., Inc—Roofing, skylights and related home improvement services.
- Wellesley Dental Group—New patients welcome.
- Wellesley Natural Resources Commission—Take the Open Space survey
- Wellesley Square Merchants—Directory of restaurants, stores, services.
- Wellesley Theatre Project—Exceptional performing arts education.
- Write Ahead—Build writing confidence.
Leave a Reply